Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen ARC Review

Posted by The YA Book Traveler , Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:00 AM


Lion Heart (Scarlet #3) by A.C. Gaughen 

Goodreads Summary: 

Imprisoned by Prince John for months, Scarlet finds herself a long way from Nottinghamshire. After a daring escape from the Prince's clutches, she learns that King Richard’s life is in jeopardy, and Eleanor of Aquitaine demands a service Scarlet can’t refuse: spy for her and help bring Richard home safe. But fate—and her heart—won’t allow her to stay away from Nottinghamshire for long, and together, Scarlet and Rob must stop Prince John from going through with his dark plans for England. They can not rest until he’s stopped, but will their love be enough to save them once and for all?

My Thoughts  - 4.5 Stars


This series as a whole is AMAZING! I don't know if I've ever read a series that could possibly have more heart pumping, swoony, and heart wrenching scenes.

Lion Heart is so intense for almost the majority of the book that I actually had to read it slowly because I was nervous, afraid, and excited about what was going to happen.

The Story:
The book picks up while Scarlet has been imprisoned Prince John and traveling the country to unknown locations. After she escapes she has to make decisions about how best to help her country bring King Richard home. If King Richard doesn't come home then disaster will come upon her and her people.

I don't really want to say much more about the story because I feel it may spoil.

The Romance:
Wow. That's all that can be said. I don't know if there is another couple that has such intense romantic moments as Rob and Scarlet. Their scenes together are lit on fire and the passion they have for each other isn't limited to only themselves. They deeply love the people around them and will do anything to protect them.

I didn't make this 5 stars because I found Prince John's character a bit too annoying. But, overall this book is incredible.

Overall: READ THIS SERIES!

You won't regret it. This truly is a must-read series full of wonderfully rich characters, intense moments and your heart will attach and never let go. FEELS!!!!



Read my super quick review of Scarlet and Lady Thief  HERE


2 Response to "Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen ARC Review"

Pili Says:

Well, I think I really need to add this full series to my wish list and TBR pile soon!

Great review Sarah! I love when the final book in a series is amazing and it's the perfect ending for the series!

Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales Says:

I read Scarlet some time back and really loved it! I can't wait to read the sequels.
Great review Sarah!

Post a Comment