Posted by The YA Book Traveler , Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:08 AM
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I decided for my FREEBIE top ten I would name my 10 Ten Favorite Male Characters!
1. Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. Roar is Perry's best friend, who also becomes Aria's best friend. Roar is funny and very charming. These books would not be the same if he wasn't in them. I love that his character truly is just a friend of the main character, not a love interest.
2. Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. In TBS, I found Tarver's character to be refreshing. He seemed like a guy, a real guy. Sometimes books make male characters out to be more of the idealized man seen through a woman's eye. I actually liked his character better than Lilac.
3. Robin from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. Oh Robin...he's so swoony in this book. Just READ IT! That's all I really need to say.
4. Thorne from Cress by Marissa Meyer. Thorne is another funny character that always fills the room with his presence. He's bold, egotistical, and very likable.
5. Perry (Peregrine) from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. There are many things I love about Perry. I love that he's described as having a deep voice, a tattoo of peregrine falcon on his back, a Scire (enhanced sense of smell) and seer (ability to see in the dark).
6. Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Dimitri....he's a dhampir and he is super swoony. He's Russian and fights bad vampires for a living.
7. Magnus from Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. Magnus was a character that for me one moment I liked him, then I didn't, then I loved him! He's more than what he tries to make other think about him. He has a scar on his face, is sarcastic, and is such a great character.
8. Hector from The Girl of Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson. He has a great heart, is super smart and very brave. He sees people for who they are on the inside.
9. Sam (Dossam) from Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. HE'S A COMPOSER! Yes, he writes music and plays practically every instrument. Sam is very romantic, a great friend, and has a noble heart.
10. Rowan from Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. Rowan is fey. His trust has to be earned. He loves hard and fights hard.
Four from Divergent
Peeta from The Hunger Games
Haymitch from The Hunger Games
Logan from Defiance
Who are your favorites?